Our unmatched preconstruction services and estimating services allow us to bring value engineering concepts, safety best practices, and innovative ideas to every project. These services include:
- Site feasibility studies
- Budgeting and estimating, from schematic design to construction documents
- Document review and coordination
- Value engineering
- Bid solicitation and scope review
Led by our Project Executive, Chief Estimator, in-house Architect, Civil Engineer, and M/E/P/S Manager, our peer reviewed services help minimize the risk of costly unforeseen changes to project scopes, and ensure a high-caliber finished product.
- Architectural and M/E/P/S services: a thorough and in-depth review of project plans, starting with initial design documents and continuing through final construction documents. This review ensures that documents are complete and coordinated, so we can get the most accurate pricing from subcontractors and the highest quality finish in the field.
- Civil engineering services: getting a project out of the ground has proven to be one of the most critical aspects of a project, which is why we brought this expertise in house. Our civil engineer provides conceptual site plan layouts for new developments, helps to manage overall site risk and exposure, provides value engineering opportunities on existing developments, and an in-depth understanding of site work costs, all to ensure project success.
Owners and developers depend on us to identify and incorporate value engineering opportunities throughout the construction process, and to maintain strict budgets and schedules. As construction managers, we ensure meticulous administration of contracts and seamless transition between all phases of design, preconstruction and construction. Our services include:
- Schedule updates: Callahan will prepare a “total project” schedule that will encompass all aspects of the project including design, approvals, permitting, preconstruction, pre-purchased items, construction activities and owner supplied and installed items. During the construction phase Callahan’s field team will update the schedule on a monthly basis, to ensure milestones are being achieved.
- Communication and reporting: Callahan can provide administration documents on a monthly or weekly basis, including project meeting minutes, updated budgets, RFI logs, submittal logs, logistic plans, change order logs, two-week look-ahead schedules, and master schedules. This allows our clients to be fully informed about every step of the process, and keeps projects moving forward.
- Cost management: Our cost control system is fully integrated with our accounting platform, which allows us to provide accurate ongoing financial reports that detail costs to date, approved and pending changes, and other items related to project budget. By constantly monitoring costs and schedule, our senior management team can anticipate potential overruns and provide alternative solutions to keep projects within budget and on schedule.
- Safety: We have developed an extensive written Safety Program, and employ full time Safety Officers and Safety Managers. All field personnel have a safety orientation program and are required to have OSHA training, and Callahan Superintendents are required to have 30-hour OSHA Safety training. Callahan has been honored for 8 consecutive years by the Gould Construction Institute and Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. with a Gold Safety, Training, and Evaluation Process (S.T.E.P.) award.
- Quality: Callahan will create a project specific Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) plan. Our plans include material verification requirements, third party testing requirements, subcontractor specific quality outlines, testing and inspection frequency, QA/QC meeting requirements, mock ups for evaluation by entire team and benchmarks to establish a level of finish that is acceptable by all team members. The goal on each Callahan project is to build it right the first time, eliminating any chance for rework.
Our design-build approach provides clients with a single-source building solution. With design-build, construction overlaps with the design, and Callahan assumes control for both. This process keeps the design and construction team as one allowing for a one stop solution, resulting in a savings in time and money without risking quality. The same construction and preconstruction services are offered, including but not limited to civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, and electrical design.
When it is the most cost-effective option, Callahan has the unique ability to self-perform site work. This division self-performs the entire site package from the clearing of trees to final landscaping and all aspects in between. Controlling this function allows us to provide value engineering opportunities, and proactively address issues that could impact budget and schedule in areas that include excavation, utility relocation, water and sewer, paving, and parking expansion.